Last Updated: October 4, 2023
This policy applies to Personal Information we collect in the Device and other electronic communications sent through, or in connection with, the KioSoft device (“Device”), such as the related App (the “App”) and websites, https://kiosoft.com/, https://www.kioplay.com, https://rccoffee.com, https://www.techtrex.com, https://kiocafe.com, https://www.kiovend.com, and their subdomains (the “Website”). This policy does not apply to Personal Information collected by any third party. These other third parties may have their privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing Personal Information on or through them.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
Whether you use the Device, download, register with, or use the App, the Personal Information collected is transferred to the Website. KioSoft is the sole owner of the information collected on the Device, Website and the App.
We collect different types of personally identifiable information or personal data about users of the Device (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable or being associated with, or could reasonably be directly or indirectly linked to a particular individual or household. Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregate information, or information excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
We collect different types of Personal Information from users, and we use and/or disclose this information for different business purposes. The chart below identifies the Personal Information we may collect and lists the parties with whom we may share this information and for what business purpose:
Category of Personal Information
Specific Personal Information that may be collected
Purpose of collecting the Personal Information
Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected
Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?
Categories of third parties with which the Personal Information may be shared
Purpose of disclosing or sharing Personal Information
Name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number; IP address; account information
To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities
Contact information, transaction/order history
To support business transactions
Your transactions with us
Service Providers (payment processors, shipping companies)
Internet or other similar network activity
IP address; browser type and version; browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
To allow access to and optimize our Website or mobile application
From you and third-party technologies
No (but we may share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our service providers)
Improve Website or mobile application functionality, services
Unique identifiers and your location
From you and your devices
Service Providers to help us locate your products
The Device and the App are not intended for users under the age of 13.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. By using the App, you hereby represent that you are at least 13.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see Your Access to and Control Over Information for more information.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect Personal Information directly from you automatically when you use the Device, App and Website. We may also collect information directly from you when you:
* complete the payments on the Device,
* download, register with or use the App and you must first complete the registration form,
* perform the deployment of the product on the Website,
* and visit the Website.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Device, we automatically collect certain information about your Device including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your Device.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
* Location Information. With your permission, we may collect and store location information from your Device using GPS or Bluetooth in order to auto-detect the location and the appropriate Scan Registration Code affiliated with the operator. You can change your location/bluetooth settings for your mobile Device; however, certain features may not be available through the App if you do so.
* Other necessary information.
When you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages and information about how you interact with the Website.
We may also use the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your Device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Some internet browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our services [do not] currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to deliver a better and more personalized user experience to you. As mentioned above, we use location information to auto-detect the location and the appropriate Scan Registration Code affiliated with the Website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information will not be sold to any third parties. We may, however, disclose your information to third parties in the following ways:
* In order to provide you with better user experience, your information is transferred to the Website.
* We may share your information with affiliates or subsidiaries, business partners, service providers, or other third parties we use to provide you with the Device and its contents and functions. We use third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as billing and payment processing.
* We may share your information with third parties who assist us with our marketing efforts. For example, we may share your Device and usage details with a third-party analytics provider to assist us in researching the effectiveness of our Device and understanding our users’ preferences.
* We may share your information if required for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect our rights, interests, or property, your safety or the safety of others.
* We may share your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, or if the disclosure is otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
* If we become involved in a transaction involving the sale of assets, such as a merger or acquisition, we may disclose and/or transfer your information as part of the transaction.
* Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions, we may share your information with our tax advisors, legal counsel and other professional services entities or agents involved in our general business operations.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
Certain jurisdictions have enacted data privacy laws, such as the CCPA and the GDPR, that include detailed consumer privacy rights. If you are a resident of the EEA, the GDPR grants you the following rights to:
* See what data we have about you, if any
* Receive your data in a format you can easily send to another entity
* Change/correct any data we have about you
* Have us delete any data we have about you
* Restrict our processing of your data
* Object to us processing your data
* Object to us making decisions about you solely based on automated processing.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information, including the right to request businesses to tell you how your Personal Information has been shared with third parties, if at all, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As a California resident, you have the right to:
* See what data we have about you, if any;
* Receive your data in a format you can easily send to another entity;
* Change/correct any data we have about you;
* Have us delete any data we have about you; and
* Exercise your rights without discrimination from us, unless permitted by law.
VERIFIABLE CONSUMER REQUESTS
You can assert any of the rights above by making a verifiable consumer request at any time using the contact information provided below. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a Verifiable Consumer Request related to your Personal Information. Making a Verifiable Consumer Request does not require you to create an account with us. You may only make a Verifiable Consumer Request for access to Personal Information twice in a 12-month period.
The Verifiable Consumer Request must:
* Provide us with sufficient information to reasonably verify you are the person whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and
* Describe your request with enough detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond.
If we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information. We will only use Personal Information provided in a Verifiable Consumer Request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of a Verifiable Consumer Request within ten (10) days. We endeavor to respond to Verifiable Consumer Requests within thirty (30) days (for data subjects located in the EEA) or forty-five (45) days (for California residents) of its receipt. If we require more time (up to ninety (90) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the Verifiable Consumer Request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded, we do not charge a fee to process or respond to Verifiable Consumer Requests. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
KioSoft uses your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving direct targeted advertisements or marketing communications. You can opt out of targeted advertising through the following links:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. You may also opt out of any future communication from us at any time.
We understand the importance of keeping customer information safe and secure. We take reasonable measures to protect the information we collect from you.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Device, App or Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or telecommunications network. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for disclosures of your information you send via the Internet, including the App and email.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, from which all the emails will be forwarded to our privacy officer, or by mail using the details provided below:
165 Galaxy Blvd Suite 101, Toronto, ON, M9W 0C8